Monday 9 May 2011

Host family.

So people, i made it to Peru a week ago, I'm currently in Arequipa. i met up with john eventually. So GVI has begun! I've met a good bunch of volunteers, the 6 "tankers" and the rest of the teachers. We had the 1st night in this pretty nice hotel, which has a turtle running lose int he garden called Paco. Awesome.
so yesterday was interesting, all of the volunteers were paired with there host family. so I'm currently living with this nice family, Edna and her husband. I have my own room and bathroom/shower. I'm 20 minutes walk from the city centre, which is good for when i need to make it there in the morning for the tanking. So for the next 2 weeks i will be building water cisterns in a small Arequipian village. But for the next 2 days i have 10 hours of Spanish lessons to get through. On a down note i seem to have developed bronchitis, lucky my adopted father is a doctor and so prescribed me with some antibiotics. Hopefully on the mend. Arequipa is a really beautiful city, allot of Spanish architecture, and lovely cathedrals and Churches, a link for the pictures will be up in the next few days. Cant wait for the actual construction to begin so i can get physical! possible trekking in the worlds deepest canyon, called the colca canyons in the next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment